Opportunities in Horizon Europe through Collaboration
Last week dotSpace, together with Netherlands Space Office NSO organised a successful networking webinar, connecting the Dutch and European space sector in finding opportunities to collaborate under the Horizon Europe programme.
In this article we present the organisations that pitched in this session, looking for potential consortium partners.
This networking session was the last in a series of four webinars organised by the Netherlands Space Office, highlighting opportunities in Horizon Europe funding calls for space, across three different topics:
- Satellite navigation opportunities with Galileo and Egnos
- Earth Observation opportunities with Copernicus
- Opportunities for space data using Quantum and AI and the Govsatcom programme
Open Calls: funding for the space sector
In the webinar series we highlighted a selection of Horizon Europe calls that will benefit from the use of space data as part of the solution. These and other selected space calls in Horizon Europe have been collected in the new Open Calls Portal on this website, which is freely accessible to anyone interested.
The funding calls that are collected in the portal include the new Horizon Europe calls, but also calls from other sources, like the European Development Fund (EDF) and Digital Europe. Initially, the calls in the portal cover potential space applications in sectors like health, civil security, climate, energy, mobility, and bioeconomy, with more sectors being added over time.
The open calls portal offers great opportunities for a wide variety of space organisations, including those specialising in space, Earth observation, remote sensing, and satellite navigation technology and applications.
Pitches for collaboration
The final webinar on 1 November 2021 saw 21 organisations pitching for their organisation, offering their expertise and asking for partners to work with in Horizon Europe projects. Please find their presentations here (in alphabetical order):
- Airbus Defence and Space Netherlands (Sytze Kampen)
- Caeli (Martin Smit)
- GNSS Centre of Expertise (Andre Bos)
- ITC University of Twente (Diana Chavarro-Rincon)
- MEEO (Marco Folegani)
- NLR Netherlands Aerospace Centre (May Kerstens)
- Opt-Net (Taras Matselyukh)
- PhaseGrowth (Rosen Dimov)
- RVO Netherlands (Frank Winters)
- Space4Good (Federico Franciamore)
- SpaceSense (Sami Yacoubi)
- Survey Intelligence (Maud van Ees)
- Ubotica (David Rijlaarsdam)
- VAA (Adish Khezri)
- Vandersat (Mendy van der Vliet)
Support for writing your proposal
Finding your consortium partner is an important step in benefiting from Horizon Europe, but writing a winning proposal is an equally important final step! Both the Netherlands Space Office and dotSpace can help here!
See this short article on how to go from zero to a winning proposal in three steps!