Call for EO-based products 2021
e-shape develops and promotes European Earth Observation capabilities with and for the users. By leveraging Copernicus, e-shape opens new opportunities to develop and expand its use, through existing European capacities, and develop research to business activities.
e-shape address societal challenges, foster entrepreneurship and support sustainable development, in alignment to the three main priorities of GEO, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Paris Agreement and Sendai Framework.
A key element for e-shape is to onboard further partners during the project, to join the EuroGEO community and contribute to the expansion of the EuroGEO ecosystem.
The Call for EO-based products 2021 will provide eligible applicants with the unique opportunity to become a new partner by integrating the e-shape consortium contributing to at least one of the 7 e-shape showcases (agriculture, health, renewable energy, ecosystem, water, disasters, climate). For this call a grant of up to EUR 50,000 will be attributed to each newly onboarded Pilot.
- to develop operational EO services with and for users active in key societal sectors;
- to demonstrate the benefits of the EO pilots through the coordinated downstream exploitation of EO data and the utilization of existing EO resources;
- to promote the uptake of pilots at national and international scale, across vertical markets (private and public) and amongst key user communities;
- to enable the long-term sustainability of the numerous pilots, their penetration in public and private markets and support their upscaling;
- to increase uptake by raising awareness on the solutions developed through tailored and well-targeted communication, dissemination and outreach activities.
New e-shape partners will get access to a set of support services:
- Pilots implementation
- User uptake
- Sustainability booster
- Help Desk
- Targeted communication
How to apply to the Call for EO-based products 2021?
Single applicants or consortia of applicants to the Call for EO-based products 2021 shall be either:
- Public bodies
- Secondary or Higher education establishment
- Research organisations
- International European interest organisations
- Companies having a legal entity (including SMEs)
- Not-for-profit organizations
- International organizations
1. Read the official documents of the Call for EO-based products 2021
2. Prepare you application:fill the Application Form
3. Submit you application:The application shall be uploaded on the e-shape Help Desk under the “Submit a request” section
Select the onboarding category from the drop down list.
- June 7th, 2021: Launch of e-shape call for pilots
- September 3rd , 2021 at 17:00 CET (Central European Time): Submission deadline for Call for EO-based products 2021
- October 2021: Selection process
Application deadline is 3 September 2021. Applications submitted after this date will not be evaluated.
The e-shape Help Desk is the unique tool to ask your questions about the Call for EO-based products 2021.
First call for EO-based products 2020 was a success !
In October 2020 e-shape welcomed 5 new pilot projects of the Call for EO-based products 2020, that have joined the e-shape consortium expanding the EuroGEO community.
The 5 new pilots added in 2020 are and are led by:
- Riscognition GmBH: Linking EO and Farm IoT for Automated Decision Support (Showcase Agriculture)
- NASU-SSAU: SDGs indicators assessment service (2.4.1 and 15.3.1) (Showcase Agriculture)
- Water Insight B.V: EO based phytoplankton biomass for WFD reporting (Showcase Water)
- Planetek: Rheticus® AquaculturePlus (Showcase Water)
- DHI GRAS A/S: WindSight – First class input data for wind energy models (Showcase Energy)