Since 1981, SATELLITE has been pivotal in forging the path forward for the space & satellite communities. The speed of the industry’s growth is accelerating, making this year’s event even more important.
Participating companies represent the entire ecosystem of manufacturers, service providers, and integrators serving all technology end-user markets. Take advantage of our many opportunities at Satellite 2023!
Satellite Conference and Exhibition
The SATELLITE 2023 Conference and Exhibition was launched in 1981 with the goal to connect and unite the satellite industry as we headed toward new frontiers. Over the past 42 years, SATELLITE has served the satellite and space communities and broadened the scope of content to encompass professionals in commercial markets benefiting from satellite technology and applications, such as broadcasting, media & entertainment, government/military, aviation, maritime, automotive, financial, healthcare, telecommunications and more.
SATELLITE continues to be one of the largest business gatherings, innovation platform, and media event of the year. A few examples of industry developments announced at SATELLITE:
- Boeing revealed the industry’s first all-electric communications satellite bus 702SP (2011).
- Jeff Bezos appears to reveal Blue Origin’s first commercial satellite launch customer (2017) and its first lunar lander, Blue Moon (2019).
- Elon Musk appears to announce commercial satellite launch service on Falcon 9 (2009) and remote/rural broadband service on Starlink (2020).
- OneWeb announces they will partner with SpaceX to resume satellite launches after it suspended activity from Russia’s Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan due to geopolitical turmoil caused by the invasion of Ukraine (2022).
- SES becomes the first global satellite operator to sign a launch contract with SpaceX, a major endorsement for the new launcher, and the first operator to sign for a reusable launch (2012 & 2016).
- Former O3b visionary and founder of Isotropic Systems Jon Finney reveals the industry’s smallest multi-band, all-in-one terminal (2018)
- Hughes reveals Jupiter-1 and Jupiter-2 satellites and issues manufacturing contracts (2008 & 2013).
- Antenna manufacturers ThinKom, Kymeta, Ball, and Phasor reveal phased-array or beam-forming antenna systems (2012-2020).
- Silicon Valley investors, joined by executives from Google, Planet, and Spire, proclaim the start of a golden age for “New Space” companies and entrepreneurs (2014).
- Iridium reveals its 2nd generation NEXT Constellation (2010).
- NGC (formerly Orbital ATK) reveals the first commercial in-orbit servicing contract with Intelsat for its MEV-2 (2018).
- Virgin Galactic CEO George Whitesides and Virgin Founder Richard Branson announced plans to service the commercial satellite industry with a reusable, suborbital launcher (2015).
SATELLITE sister products include the CyberSatGov and CyberLEO events and the Via Satellite suite of products including the Daily News Feed, Monthly Edition, Thursday Morning Conversations, and On Orbit podcast.
Following the successful launch of the SATELLITE 2023 Conference and Exhibition, Via Satellite came to fruition with the objective to serve our community’s need for constant and reliable content. In the years following, key influencers flocked to Via Satellite for essential news and expert business analysis on the global commercial communications satellite industry, including current and evolving applications, infrastructure issues, technology, and business and regulatory developments around the world
The Via Satellite Digital Edition is delivered monthly to your email and the Daily News Feed provides actionable news, trends, and announcements through a digital daily newsletter, while www.ViaSatellite.com is your source for constant content.
Access Intelligence LLC is a B2B publishing and event company serving multiple markets by creating exceptional experiences that ignite connection and commerce. The Access Intelligence portfolio includes publications, events, and other content in the Aerospace, Healthcare, Energy, Media & Marketing, and Technology/Connectivity markets.
Access Intelligence’s Satellite Group portfolio includes the SATELLITE 2023 Conference and Exhibition, CyberSatGov, CyberLEO, and Via Satellite’s suite of products.