Find out if your idea has the potential to become the winning concept in the Defence Innovation Competition 2022 and win € 200,000. This year’s competition is all about space.
On 14 July, the information day for this year’s Innovation Competition will take place at the NL Space Campus at Space Business Innovation Centre Noordwijk (Kapteynstraat 1) and is open to all start-ups and SMEs interested in participating. You will get information on how to enter the competition, expand your network, talk to people within the Ministry of Defence and experts about your idea(s) and find out how you can win € 200.000,-!
Why take part in the Defence Innovation Competition 2022?
- The winner will receive € 200,000 to carry out the winning project
- A maximum of five finalists will receive € 5,000 to further develop and present their project proposal
- Several finalists have started follow-up projects for the Ministry of Defence in previous years
- Enlarge your network and insight for possible cooperation with the Dutch Defence Domain
The Ministry of Defence organises this edition of the innovation competition together with the NL Space Campus. The Defence Innovation Competition is an annual competition for innovative ideas with potential added value for the Defence domain. To stimulate the Dutch space ecosystem and to help the Ministry of Defence to increase its capabilities in the space domain, the Ministry of Defence challenges this year Dutch start-ups and SMEs from the space industry to come up with innovative ideas that add value to the military domain.
The Dutch Ministry of Defence is currently a relatively small player in the space domain with limited resources of its own. With the ambition to change this in the coming years, they are looking for new, creative and out-of-the-box ideas to grow the Defence and Military Space domain. By winning the Defence Innovation Competition 2022, an amount of € 200,000 is made available to implement the chosen project proposal together with the Ministry of Defence. Participation in this competition also provides networking opportunities and an increased insight into cooperation with the Ministry of Defence.
In short: the Ministry of Defence’s ambitions in the field of innovation, a growing national budget and the stimulation of innovative entrepreneurship for the military domain offer many opportunities for Dutch start-ups and SMEs from the aerospace industry to work together with the Ministry of Defence.
Competition Time Line
Timeline for participation in the Defence Innovation Competition:
- 14 July: information day DIC22 at the NL Space Campus at the Space Business Innivation Centre Noordwijk.
- 27 June – 5 September: Negometrix open for submitting proposals
- 23 September: selection of up to five finalists who will receive € 5,000 to further develop and present their idea
- 30 November : Final at NL Space Campus in Noordwijk and the winner may carry out his proposal!
Who should participate?
The information day for this year’s Innovation Competition will take place at the NL Space Campus in Noordwijk and is open to all startups and SMEs interested in participating. The participation process for this competition is in Dutch, it is possible to submit and explain your proposal in English. The project proposal should focus on new innovations in the TRL4-6 range (technology development – technology demonstrator).