Mercator Ocean International is organising the Copernicus Marine General Assembly which will take place in Brussels, Belgium from 5th to 9th June 2023. Throughout this week, working groups consisting of partners and contractors will come together to develop strategies for the upcoming years.
Following four years of online events due to the pandemic, Mercator Ocean International is thrilled to host the General Assembly in person. This gathering will provide an opportunity to personally connect with the key stakeholders and Copernicus Marine community, including partners, contractors and downstream users.
Days 1 & 2: plenary sessions – Hybrid session open to the public.
The first two days of the event will consist of plenary sessions:
Day 1: 5 June
- It will focus on presenting the main achievements accomplished in 2022 and the roadmap for the upcoming years.
- Another session will cover innovation activities including the Research & Development programme linked with Horizon Europe and the User Engagement program.
- Additionally, 2023 will focus on the Coastal and Arctics thematic hubs, providing an opportunity to present its strategy and showcase the inputs given by member states.
- From 7 to 8:30 pm, as an introduction of the evening social event, high-level keynote presentations of the Misson Ocean, the Digital Twin Ocean and the Copernicus Marine Service will be held.
Day 2: 6 June
- It will be dedicated to the production centers where the Copernicus Marine European partners and contractors will present their accomplishments and future plans.
Days 3 to 5 – Thematic working groups – Contractors only
From 7th to 9th June, partners and contractors will convene to discuss various topics related to marine data processing with a strong commitment to enhancing the Copernicus Marine offer and provide subscribers with the latest Ocean Data’ portfolio.
- Service Evolution and Production Centers to analyse the improvements and highlight current R&D projects.
- Champion User Advisory Group
- Product Quality
- Marine Data Store
- Technical Working Group
- Coastal Working Group and User Engagement
- Bio Data Assimilation
- Ensemble Approach
- Interfaces between Thematic Data Assembly Centers (TACs) and Monitoring & Forecasting Centers.