The Groundstation European Essay Competition provides a platform for young, ambitious students to exercise their writing skills and participate in the European Space Community
At groundstation.SPACE we are striving to build a vibrant community of providers and users of Space data technologies. Content creation, webinars, matchmaking, these, as well as many other activities we carry out, are aimed to increase the awareness of the many opportunities in satellite data applications, as well as satellite data technologies.
This summer we offer the opportunity to have your say. Join Student Essay Competition on a “Conflict” theme.
How to Take Part?
To join this challenge, you have to create an essay under the following guidelines:
• A maximum 1500 word essay
• The essay follows the theme of conflict, for example ideas from
humanitarian aid, the environment and land use
• Using earth observation techniques
• The piece of work can be adapted from a project you have completed
or a new piece for this competition
Your report also may include an introduction, methods, results and discussions and conclusions.
And don’t forget about the reasoning behind your report!
What is the Timeline?
You can send in your entry until August 30th 2022. The date of announcing the winners will be notated later.
The Winner of the Challenge Will be Awarded With the Following:
• A 2-night trip to Amsterdam for one with space-related visits (including Space Expo, SRON)
And both the winner and runner-up with be awarded with:
• Publication of the essay on our website (3000 monthly EO visitors per month)
• A standing invite to speak within one of our webinars
• Opportunity to extend publication beyond Groundstation.space
Where Could You Find More Information on This Competition?
To find more information about the challenge, please download Student Essay Competition Handbook here.
Queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish best of luck to participants!
Featured image credit: Freepik