Opportunities in Space with Satuccino
Every first Wednesday of the month the UK-based Satellite Applications Catapult organises “Satuccino“, a fast-paced networking event, centred around funding and collaboration opportunities for space companies in the UK. Although usually hosted at the Satellite Applications Catapult facility on Harwell Campus, this is very much a networking event for the entire space entrepreneurship community in the UK, and beyond.
The DotSpace Foundation usually attends these monthly events, as they are a great source of funding and collaboration opportunities in this important market. The UK is one of the leading countries in Europe in developing a national and commercial space ecosystem, actively supported by the UK space policy.
Funding and Collaboration Opportunities
Several organisations presented funding opportunities at the last edition on 6 July, products and services to the crowd. Scroll through the images to see the presentation slides. Links to these organisations in the list below.
- European Engineering & Consultancy Ltd (Engineering Support): Looking for customers and collaboration partners
- LIA Aerospace (Green spacecraft propulsion): Looking for customers and collaboration partners
- Plastic-i (EO solutions to prevent marine plastic pollution): Looking for staff, customers and collaboration partners
- I’m in Space, Get me Out of Here (Public outreach campaign, starting September 2022): Looking for volunteers to take part in space outreach activities
- Radian (Thermal analysis services for space): Looking for customers and collaboration partners
- Designers in Space Community (Design knowledge for space): Looking for collaboration projects
- Minviro (Lifecycle assessment and urban mining using EO): Looking for customers and collaboration partners.
- Innovate UK – Self Driven Healthcare project: Funding opportunity with £30 million in grants
- UK National Earth Observation Conference (6-8 September 2022): Looking for exhibitors and attendees
- Satellite Applications Catapult – Space Commercialisation Engine (Business support programme to help commercialise EO ideas): Looking for ideas and entrepreneurs
Next Satuccino Event: 7 September 2022
Anyone with a link to the UK space sector, as entrepreneur, supplier, customers, or otherwise, is welcome to join the Satuccino networking events for free. Currently they are all hybrid events, to attend in person (free coffee and cake!) or online from all over the world.
The next edition will be on Wednesday 7 September 2022. You can register here.
About the Satellite Applications Catapult
The Satellite Applications Catapult is at the heart of the satellite services revolution, driving take-up of space technology and applications to shape, and sustain, the world of tomorrow. It is driven by how its actions help the organisations they work with, both large and small, bring new services to market. By connecting industry and academia the Catapult gets new research off the ground and into the market more quickly.
One of nine catapults
The Satellite Applications Catapult is one of nine Catapults, uniquely established to transform the UK’s capability for innovation in specific areas and to help drive future economic growth. It helps organisations make use of, and benefit from, satellite technologies, and bring together multi-disciplinary teams to generate ideas and solutions in an open innovation environment.
The aim of the Catapult is to support UK industry by accelerating the growth of satellite applications and to contribute to capturing a 10% share of the global space market by 2030. It achieves this by exploiting the innovation potential in the UK industrial and academic communities, by being a focal point where small and medium enterprises, large industry, and end users can work together with researchers to challenge barriers, explore and develop new ideas, and bring these to commercial reality.
Space Enterprise Community
The UK space sector is a dynamic ecosystem made up of an extensive and disparate network of groups, organisations and individuals. While this community is responsible for driving a wide variety of fantastic, innovative, globally recognised projects and programmes, it is also acknowledged that the highly regional nature of UK business and governance presents a risk to the growth of the sector.
The Space Enterprise Community has been designed to help address this challenge, connecting commercial, academic, research and public sector stakeholders from each region with one another and providing a supportive, collaborative and user friendly platform for all parties.
The Space Enterprise Community will help highlight potential synergies and partnerships, stimulating ideas and conversations and providing a gateway to collated resources, events, links and contacts that might otherwise be difficult to identify.
Our aim is to allow the network to grow organically, based on the needs of its users and the way in which they interact with one another.
Our ultimate ambition is to see the Space Enterprise Community become the go-to resource for space sector professionals, however we also acknowledge the existence of other platforms that are already in place across the UK, and we are committed to working with them to help collectively benefit the UK and its place within the global space community.
The Space Enterprise Community is a collaboration between the Satellite Applications Catapult and the UK Space Agency (UKSA).