New production and distribution trends as well as emerging digital technologies have introduced new kinds of challenges to the supply chain. Together with resilient and smart infrastructures, new concepts, innovative solutions and better cooperation of operators are needed for freight transport to minimize the negative impacts of disruptions, shorten the recovery and ease the transition time, while taking in due account emissions and energy consumption reductions as feasible.
– Evaluate the resilience of strategic logistics networks and their related data and IT systems and propose management systems and operations
– Develop and demonstrate how synchro-modal approaches provide resilience and sustainability by design to the freight transport and logistics
– Develop business intelligence capabilities
– Define cost-efficient and green new business models
– An adaptive multimodal European freight transport and logistics network
– Better operational interconnectivity on all levels
– New cost-efficient business models and services