The adoption of Big Data and AI technologies in the space industry represents a significant opportunity to innovate, following industrial requirements to better respond to well-identified user needs.
– Develop new and innovative products and services designed by industrial and user requirements, having Copernicus data assets and services products at their core, and scaling up to the increased data volumes of Copernicus’ archives;
– Develop new, enabling, scalable, operational solutions and technologies to improve capabilities and performance of the Copernicus value chain and supporting infrastructure.
– Adoption of Big Data and AI technologies for Copernicus management;
– Implementation of specialized Artificial Intelligence technologies, Linked Open Data paradigms and semantic archives to scale to the full archives of Earth Observation data volumes;
– Promote the collaboration of ICT actors, both from industry and academia, with the earth observation/space stakeholders and Copernicus users