Wavelength 2023 – a conference for postgraduates and early career researchers
The RSPSoc Conference Wavelength is back for the 10th year! It will be held as a hybrid event at the University of Southampton April 2nd – 4th 2023.
About the Conference
The Wavelength meeting was launched for the first time in 2013 for PhD students and early career researchers. The conference addresses the demand for representation of new professionals as well as students from RSPSoc- the UK’s number one society for remote sensing and photogrammetry science, within both academia and industry. Every year, Wavelength gathers over 50 participants from student and early career levels, as well as senior members and individuals within academia and business. The conference typically offers a non-intimidating yet professional setting to present student and EC work and meet new like-minded contacts. We provide a friendly environment with a social programme, in order to facilitate networking and interaction between representatives from both academia and commercial organisations.
Format: We have decided to run the 2023 conference in a hybrid format, we feel this is the optimum format because it supports in-person gatherings to facilitate effective networking, as well as enabling participation of anyone who cannot travel to Southampton. To support this and bring the remote sensing PhD and ECR community together, we are planning lots of social activities.
Location: at Southampton University (United Kingdom) & Zoom
Dates: 2nd-4th April 2023
Wavelength 2023 Calendar
- 31st October: Call for Papers / Abstract Submission Opens
- 13th January: Call for Papers Closes
- 15th February: Acceptance Deadline
- 24th March: In person registration closes
- 3rd April: Online registration closes
- 2nd April (Sunday) social event afternoon/evening
- 3rd April (Monday) conference day + pizza and quiz night social
- 4th April (Tuesday) conference day
The full conference programme will be released nearer the event. We hope you will join us!
Supporters and Prizes
We are very excited to announce the prizes for Wavelength 2023:
- For ‘Best Oral Presentation’ – A waiver of fees for publication in MDPI’s Journal of Remote Sensing
- For ‘Best Poster Presentation’ – Contribution to an article in RSPSoc’s SENSED magazine.