About the LDE NL Space Campus Summer School
After its successful debut in 2022, the LDE (Leiden, Delft, Erasmus) and NL Space Campus Summer School programme will be organised again in the summer of 2023!
During the week you will meet and learn about the various space programmes, developments and research activities at the Leiden Delft and Erasmus universities and go on a tour of space agencies, institutes and industry in South Holland, including (among others): ESA ESTEC, SRON, TNO, AirbusDS, SBIC, Galileo Reference Centre and of course the three universities themselves. Starting at the NL Space Campus in Noordwijk at ESA-ESTEC, the technical heart of ESA, you will tour the cities of Leiden and Delft before returning to Noordwijk. During the week, you will meet many experts, and learn about the basics and recent developments. This way you can work on your team’s challenge fully prepared.
The week also includes multiple fun and non-space events. You will get to know the other participants as well as learn about each other’s strengths, knowledge and approaches to problem-solving. This is important because you will need to combine your strengths to work in interdisciplinary teams to solve space sector challenges that require insight and knowledge from different backgrounds. You will therefore grow many (soft)skills such as collaboration, communication and creative thinking.
To stimulate team building, socialising and networking, we have included teambuilding, workshops and collaborative activities. These are combined with project team building, networking drinks, a project presentation and an open barbecue with many networking possibilities at the end of the week.
- Connect with and meet like-minded students from different universities and the space sector
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team to solve challenges that the space market is currently facing
- Learn about the activities, developments and challenges in the Dutch Space sector
- Broaden your network with experts from renowned companies in the space sector
- Build your CV by working in teams and on challenge proposals
- Find out how and where you can work in the Dutch space sector
- Applications are open for 2nd, 3rd and 4th-year bachelor students and master students of any course that is registered at a Dutch University (of Applied Sciences)
- Apply on time and dedicate your time fully during the 6 days of Summerschool
- Motivate your application and indicate which of the project topics have your interest the most
- Get selected for the summer school
- Pay a fee, which includes lunch, dinner, activities and a closing party (see the application process below)
- Most importantly: have fun, connect and get inspired!